Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where Better to Watch Favre's Jets Debut than New York!

Had to got New York for work this week and had to be there by Monday so of course I flew on Saturday so I could see Week One. It was a long day on Saturday because Hurricane Hanna was dumping rain on the East Coast and NY was in the path. So I arrived a bit late but still plenty of time for a great dinner and wine with a friend.

Sunday my friend assures me she's done the recon and has a sports bar for me to watch the games. She (not an NFL gal) is even coming with me and she's invited her other friend who IS an NFL gal. We arrive at Bounce Deuce just before 1pm (you get to sleep in on Sunday in NY!) and belly up to the bar where I am quite sure I'll still be standing at 8pm. I was right.

Week one was crazy! Brady out for the Season, what? I thought for sure my eliminator pick was toast. Fortunately, Pats came through (it was KC after all) and I am thinking good thoughts for Brady. As an AFC fan it doesn't suck for the Pats to have a handicap.

I have watched the games in bars for years, usually surrounded by irate Raider fans (L.A. and all) but I loved watching in NY. Despite my purse getting snatched (and returned, thanks to special agent Ryan!) the fans were awesome and watching Favre take the Jets to 1-0 start with Jets fans was great! I kept thinking about the gross Jets fans at my Manhattan Beach bar (they are jerks) and how glad I was to be far away from them.

Best thing about Bounce? The bartenders! Layla & the gals rocked! We had amazing service but mostly we just had fun. Thanks girls, you rock!
I'll be back in December, save me a spot at the bar.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

2nd Week! Your booooys are involved in one of the biggest "What a Gaaaaaaame"s this season!!!

Unreal!
I'm freaking!
xoW