Thursday, November 29, 2007

New England's Season Sparks Sweet Memories


It was nearly ten years ago that the Denver Broncos had their last great Superbowl Season. We went 12 weeks without a loss and each time another team does that it reminds me of that awesome time.

I was living in New York City, I was single, I was just hitting my 30s and I loved watching football in the cold weather on Eastern time. I watched Denver games in 2 different regular bars - one was brutally destroyed on 9/11 (The Marriott) and one was the Riviera Cafe. I loved watching weekly with all the other fans from another city.
I distinctly remember the 63 yard field goal by Jason Elam that season. Wow.

The irony is we discounted our game with the NY Giants on week 14 and we lost. It happens to the best of teams, the Patriots nearly lost to the Eagles, no one saw that coming. Hell, I went to a Ducks game last Sunday night expecting just another boring Pats-scoring-like-crazy blowout.

Ah the memories. Good times.
- Angela

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love NYC!! Just thought I'd say hello to my fellow blogger!!