Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Raider Fans are Jumping Ship

I am so not a Raider fan but I do feel for Lane Kiffin. Hopefully, his fate will be as brilliant as Mike Shanahan. Today, however, I received one of the funniest emails ever, forwarded to me by my nephew, which he received from his wife's, cousin's, brother's, aunt's husband or something like that. Anyway, it's hysterical...

It’s official; I’m resigning my membership in the Raider Nation effective immediately. My resignation shall be in effect through the duration of Al Davis’s life on earth. Yes, I will consider becoming a Raiders fan again when that man dies. In case you were busy watching the stock market today, Al Davis fired Lane Kiffin, the head coach of the Raiders, after only 4 games into the season. Worse, he is refusing to pay Mr. Kiffin the balance of his contract and preparing for a lengthy (and costly) legal battle as he did when he fired Mike Shanahan back in 1995 (Shanahan won the lawsuit and subsequently 2 Super Bowls with Granada Hills High’s finest.)

During the next few days I will consider accepting fandomship in other team’s of the national football league. It will not be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Any team named after a body of water and not an actual city is automatically disqualified. I will pay extra consideration to teams located in the State in which I was born and raised (where most people should find their teams.) Teams that left the region such as the Rams or other teams with a 0-4 record will also not be considered. The decision to incinerate all Raider paraphernalia currently owned is being considered.

A resolution not to adorn or otherwise display such paraphernalia has commenced. However, I still retain the right to observe Raider competitions and root against the opponent. Sadly, the day has finally come, I am no longer a Raider fan. How long will my Al Davis life estate in non-Raider fandomship last? Only the grim reaper knows….

For more laughs, you can read about Al Davis' latest trip to dementia Island here.

No comments: