Monday, October 6, 2008

Week 5 Sunday Highlights - New Cutler Jersey, New Defense & 12 Innings of Baseball


Following last week's devistating loss to Kansas City I figured my John Lynch jersey needed to be retired and so I went to NFL Shop and ordered myself a Cutler jersey. I figure he's pretty amazing and doesn't look like he'll be going anywhere too soon. I'd like to have a jersey that lasts a few years!

So we go into Week 5 at 3-1, a top ranked offense and poop on a stick defense. In my opinion, our defense is suffering because Lynch is gone. Against Tampa Bay that can be problematic but I am optimistic. Fortunately, my Cutler jersey arrived on Saturday in the nick of time. Also arriving was a Denver D I had not seen previously. A major relief. So fortunately for Broncos fans, they scratched, clawed and sacked their way to a victory, still alive and dominating a shakey AFC West. Can't say anything good for the Chargers, sorry babe. Seriously though, going for it on 4th in the first half when it's a 7 point game? That is just bad coaching.

Around the league, NY Giants dominated, we need to keep an eye on the World champs. I was watching the NFL Countdown show on ESPN Sunday am and they were commenting on how fantastic Coughlin's disciplinary style is for a team. Does anyone remember his first year in NY and how hated he was for that? Apparently, that team needed it, it worked and everyone likes it now.

Back to bad coaching...does anyone believe Wade Phillips is a great coach? And while we're speaking of Parcells...he is the man! Have you been watching Miami? That has to be all Bill Parcells! I wish he could hang out in Washington DC for a season and not with the Redskins...are you with me?

So Sunday was a good day, not as many close calls and OT as in previous weeks, but then there was the American League Division Series between Angels and Red Sox. Talk about a nail biter, I was having a heart attack! Fly ball to center with 3 outfielders - couldn't a little league player call that and get it right? Just sayin.

Fortunately 12 innings and a lot of wine later, the Angels managed to stay alive another day (so Palin-esque) and tonight we get another shot to bring the series back to L.A.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Duuuude!!! I gotta admit - after a weekend like this i'm so glad i don't bet. I'm sorry about your boys...
JG